Vintner’s Select White Blend 2015
This lively wine has aromas suggesting pear, elderflower, honeycrisp apple and spring grass. The palate is packed with flavors suggesting rose petals, orange peel, river rock and pineapple.
Pairs well with
Crow Farm chip steak in stir fry with summer squash and zucchini, short rib tacos, aged cheddar cheeses, goat cheese, steamed mussels or clams, Asian inspired stir fries and roasted veggies.
Vineyard: Crow Vineyard, Kennedyville, MD, Hopeful Unity Farm, Worton, MD, Schmidt Vineyard, Sudlersville, MD
Harvest Date: Hand Harvested in September and October 2015
- Blend: 57% Taminette, 29% Vidal Blanc, 13% Chardonnay,
- Cool fermented in stainless steel – including the chardonnay portion – no oak barrels used.
- Aged for 5 months in stainless steel tank
- Aged sur lies
- Residual Sugar: 0.2%
- This wine was never aged in oak and did not get put through the secondary fermentation process of malolactic fermentation.
- Vidal Blanc is a hybrid varietal: it is a cross between Ugni Blanc (AKA Trebbiano) and Rayon d’Or (an early French American bybrid know as Seibel 4986) developed by the very notable French grape breeder, Albert Seibel in the 1930’s.
- Traminette is a hybrid varietal: it is a cross between the French-American hybrid Johanne Seyve 23.416 and the German varietal Gewurtztraminer. It was developed at the University of Illinois at Urbana by a plant breeder named Herb C. Barrett in 1965.
- 31 March 2016
- Bottle aged 2 months prior to release
- 337 cases produced